This coconut berry smoothie is one of my recent concoctions. Smoothies have been my savior, helping me conquer allergen free breakfasts one day at a time.
My food sensitivities to gluten, dairy, eggs, and spinach eliminated just about all your usual breakfast foods. Eggs were my go-to breakfast and I was pretty much heartbroken after this sensitivity discovery. What’s a girl to eat?
My holistic doctor suggested I drink smoothies for breakfast. And so I did. Every day for 6 years.
This Berry Coconut Smoothie is loaded with antioxidants from the berries and acai powder. The MCT oil has gut healing properties. According to Dr. Axe, MCT’s have the capability to combat harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites. I also added collagen to support skin, muscle and gut health.
Berry Coconut Smoothie Ingredients
- 1/3 cup of organic frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup of wild blueberries from Maine
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1 teaspoon of organic acai powder
- 1 tablespoon of MCT oil **if you haven’t used MCT oil before start with a 1/2 teaspoon and work your way up over time. It’s very powerful and can irritate your stomach.
- Vital Proteins: Collagen Peptides (optional)
- Coconut Milk
Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender. I use the Vitamix. It’s by far the best blender I’ve ever used and I highly recommend it.
Once blended, you can sit back and enjoy!