Roasted chickpeas are hands down one of my favorite clean eating snacks. You can roast plain or mix it up by seasoning with herbs and spices.
Not only are they a great snack, they can also be used as a salad topper. I use them as a gluten-free substitute for croutons.
I love Simply Organic’s garlic and herb spice to kick the flavor up a notch. This pre-made seasoning contains organic sesame seed, garlic, black pepper, lemon peel, onion, and parsley. It gives the chickpeas an everything bagel taste. Okay, it’s not quite an everything bagel, but maybe the next best thing.
Best of all this recipe is very quick and easy to make. It will take a total of 15-20 minutes with limited prep work.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Gently rinse the beans, pat dry (make sure there is no liquid leftover or the oil will not stick) and transfer to a mixing bowl
- Add enough olive oil to give them a nice coating
- Season with sea salt
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes
- At the 10 minute mark, add the Garlic ‘n Herb seasoning, give the chickpeas a little shake to roast evenly on all sides, and then back into the oven for another 5 minutes
- They can take between 15-20 minutes to cook, check them often to make sure they aren’t burning
- Take out when golden in color
- Allow the chickpeas to cool and then eat!
I always keep a can of garbanzo beans stocked in my cabinet. This garlic and herb roasted chickpea recipe is a delicious snack that can be whipped up in a pinch. It’s also an easy recipe to experiment with different flavors of your choosing. Go wild with different herbs and spices.