On a healing journey and need an inspirational pick-me-up? Chronic health issues can take a serious toll on your wellbeing. It’s hard to stay positive all the time when you feel crappy all the time. If there’s one thing I learned, it’s to not let the negative emotions consume you. Or to Google your diagnosis and read all the horror stories. Okay, that’s two things I learned.
I knew if I wanted to get better I needed to keep my spirits high. Most importantly, I needed to believe that I would one day make it to the other side despite what others thought. If I was having a bad day I found it helpful to read inspiring quotes. Here are a few of my favorite inspirational quotes that kept me going through different phases of my own healing journey:
- When you get to the end of your rope. Tie a knot and hang on. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchhill
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
- Only I can change my life. Nobody can do it but me. – Carol Burnett
- In order to succeed, we first must believe we can. – Nikos Kazantzakis
- It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don’t stop. Confucious
I hope some of these nuggets of inspiration help you through wherever you are in your journey. Want more? Here are four books that had a huge impact on my lifestyle and approach to healing. Dealing with chronic health issues can be a messy process. Take it one day at a time and keep going.
Sending you positive vibes.